Sunday, July 1, 2007

My First Post

Ok, here goes... after spending almost an hour setting up the design of my blog - I am finally ready to share a little.
This summer, TECH CORPS Ohio is partnering with Lead the Way to host its first ever Summer IT Work Camp. There are 30 students from around Franklin County enrolled in the program. The students are 14 to 18 years old and they attend work camp Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 12:30pm. We have hired two terrific instructors: Ms. Nneka and Mr. Drew! They are absolutely great with our students (and I think the students think so too!) The students will learn about software engineering, computer programming, informatics, as well as job readiness skills. Each day the students spend one hour receiving math and reading tutoring and did I mention that these students are also paid for their time? This is a pretty cool program and I am pleased with how things have gone to this point.
The students are blogging each day about their experiences and next week they will setup their Avatars in Second Life. Well my other work calls, so see ya lata' alligata'!

12 comments:

shotty gurl said...

IT WAS FUN WORKING WIT THEM I HOPE THT WE COULD WORK .NEXT SUMMER I HOPE THAT WE CAN WORK AGEN

*******TENEI******* said...

I thought that it was fun when we were working together in a group...we got alot more accomplished...and I look forward to doing another project like that again.

DTROUT said...

Im sorry but I missed that day because I have a college meeting but I heard it was fun

Edwin Manns said...

It is ok working here I learned alot about computer that I dint no we get free turting and I need that cause my grades kinda drop this year.

PORSCHA said...

I wasnt here with you guys on that day but I can tell that you guys were having fun and thats good.

Shayla Birtcher said...

I think that the blog is very cool as well as this program thank you for everything

shayla
birtcher

Grace Greggs said...

good ob everybody!!!

Grace Greggs said...

I am very proud of everybody keep up the good work!!

Quentin Wilson said...

Ms.Lisa I love your page the pictures were very intersting. I'm not even going to lie you got me good when you took that picture of me eating I was put on the spot.

T Banks said...

Nice page Mrs. Lisa.

Elizabeth Whitehead said...

I'am very proud of the class that won. But, sorry to say that was there last time winning so i hope they enjoyed so. Its all about thursday, From now on we're winning everything!!!!

Kenyana Madison said...

i had lots of fun through this program and i like your blog and all the cool pictures they remind me of some fun times.